Sunday, October 25, 2009

Look at the pretty snake Daddy!

Last week as we were getting ready to head out, and this little fella made his appearance in the back yard. I almost stepped on it with my flip flops on. I wonder if he could have gotten ahold of my big ole toe? I quickly rendered him..................lifeless and brought the kids out for a quick lesson on "pretty" snakes and how dangerous they are. We then took it out to MeMe and Pop's house and coiled it up by their back door to see if we could scare one of them. It didn't work but everyone couldn't believe how big it was. It was about 24" long. Keep an eye out for snakes, we've heard lots of stories about how they are out and about.



6 comments:

C and C Mommy said...

THAT IS NOT PRETTY!!

I am glad you saw it before I stepped on it,trying to load Chandler in the car!!

MeMe said...

Something about red on yellow kill a fellow. It WAS a really big snake. It is hard to believe that something so beautiful could be poisonous!!

Bill W. said...

I had Coral snake in the back yard a couple days ago but wasn't quick enough to get the shovel and kill it and it got away. it was only about 16" though.

Tammy said...

Yikes!

C and C Mommy said...

Hasn't anything interesting happened lately?

Jessica said...

Holy cow! That's scary!